Monday, March 9, 2009

What a crap week











I thought this week would just be the same old same old thing. I was way wrong. Sunday my dad was having chest pains so my mom took him to the hospital. They found out that nothing was wrong. Then on Monday I got up and wasn't feeling well. I was nausiated and felt so weak and tired. I spent most of the day in the bathroom. Then on Tuesday I was feeling better so I decided to go to school. The further I got, the worst I felt. I stayed long enough to turn in my assignment and get the new assignement then I left. Then on Wednesday I wasn't feeling any better so my dad took me to the doctors and I found out that I had a Viral Gastronitis. He gave me some medicine to help and I took it. I ended up have a reaction and had to go to the hospital. Then on Thursday I spent the entire day feeling like I had been hit by a truck. I woke up Friday feeling 100% better. I thought that the week was going to end good, but I was really wrong. It just got worse. On Friday night John, Jordan, Kat, Quiten, and Riley were all hanging out together. John had to be home at 8, but didn't show up till about 8:14 pm. Then around 9:10 John gets a phone call from his friend telling him that Kat had been shot. We all thought that he was joking. Then a cop called around 9:41 pm and told John that he needed to get back to the house and John had no idea what he was talking about. That was when we figured it was real. John's friend told him to look at the end of the street, so we got in the car becasue we couldn't see anything. We got down there and there were police and firetrucks and an ambulance. John got out and talked to Quiten's mom who said that a boy had shot Kat in the face. Jordan ended up at our house so John, him, and I went down to the hospital. We got down there and sat for a while. A lady took us back into a room in the ER. The Bishop came in and we said a prayer then he told us that Kat didn't make it. Jordan and I broke down and John's entire body just shook. We were in complete shock. I called my parents and they came down. That night I just couldn't sleep it was just so werid to think that she was gone. I spent the night crying. On Saturday we got up and went over to Jordan's house. His parents had planned a get some of Kats friends together. We all signed a card and took the cards and flowers down to Kats house. Her dad answered the door. It was so hard to look at him and see the pain in his eyes. We tried to do what we could on Saturday to keep busy. We have been on the internet getting articles off the news stations and watching every news cast about the shooting. We keep seeing news stations all over the neighborhood. They interviewed one of John's friends Tate but we aren't sure why. We keep thinking that they would interview John and Jordan becasue they were with her that night and were 2 of her best friends. I just can't believe that she was at our house just a hour earlier. It is sad, I mean John was there and so was Jordan. If we didn't have John come home or Jordan's parents didn't have him go home, they would have been there. They could have been the ones shot. They would have been there to witness it like Quiten and Riley were. Then they would be really scared for life. I just keep thinking that she will come walking through the door or be calling John. But she is never coming back. I wish that we could go back to Friday and I wouldn't let her leave our house. Kat we will all miss you and will never forget your smiling face.

2 comments:

Erwin and Marie said...

I was so saddened to hear what had happened and angry all at the same time. My gosh at 13 you know what a gun can do and for crying out loud u never point a gun at a person even if u know it isn't loaded. It just makes me sick that because of his stupidity she had her life cut short so tragically. I get angry every time I think about it. But anger won't bring her back. I am so glad that John and Jordan were not there. Please don't let John go near this kid, I would hate another tragic accident to happen. It scares me that these teenagers don't have better sense. Our prayers go out to you who knew her and her family. I just always remember them coming and going when we were up there. God has her in his hands now:) Love u guys and so sorry it happened:(

Jonathonandaudrey said...

I'm so sorry for your guys loss... It's just so sad.. I mean I probably only saw and met her 2 times, but she seemed like such a nice girl. We'll keep you guys in our prayers, as well as her family.