















So with all this snow we have been getting it makes for good snowboarding. Derek wanted to go for his birthday so him, aunt marie and grandma came up. We went and rented snowboards and shoes for me Keri, and John. It was mine and keri's first time. It was way hard. I tried Saturday night outside the house but didn't get very much done. The snow was to deep and I would get stuck. On the road it was to icy. Sunday morning we went over to Rock Canyon Park so we could practice. It was hard and I was already tired. We went up to Sundance and I was freaking out when I saw the hill. We all went but Grandma and my mom. So Keri, me, Derek, and John put on the board and got on the ski lift. But first Keri sat on me when we got on. It was a long ways up the mountain. We got almost to the top and got off. We did what Derek told us to and slid to the end of the seat. I thought I was going to make it until Keri grabbed me and we both went down. We finally got both feet in the snowboard and tired to go down. Derek and John left us. It took forever to figure out how to stand up. I started figuring it out and was on my way until Keri was yelling at me because I was leaving her. So I sat down and waited. Derek and John both made it down and back up before me and Keri had made it half way. I ended up heading for the trees and couldn't get out of them. I took one foot out of my board and pushed my self after Keri had left me. I put my foot back in and started going again until I fell and twisted my writs. It hurt so bad an I was so tired that I took my board off and walked the rest of the way down the mountain. I gave my stuff to Audrey so she could try. I went and got an ice pack to put on my shoulder because that hurt. So going snowboarding was an experience. It wasn't the funniest thing, and I was in a lot of pain for a while. I went to the doctor and found out I strained my shoulder so I have to wear a sling. I want to try again but have an insturctor. Next time Justina and Steve will try. Next time I hope I don't do a backflip with the board. Don't know how I did it but I did. I fell on my but alot, I put a lot of pressure on my hands. So my whole body hurt for 3 dyas after. It was something different and I am glad that I at least tried.







1 comment:
It was fun. Sorry about your shoulder. Good girl don't give up give it another chance.
Post a Comment